Learn exercises when off the horse that will help you perform better when mounted – exercises that can ultimately improve the way you communicate with your horse and help keep your body healthy for riding.
CorEquestrian™ was created by Michelle for cross-training horse-riders. It helps you:
- Balance your weight evenly in the saddle
- Stay centered over your horse
- Activate your horse successfully with your seat
- Engage your horse and flow with his motion at all times
- Wrap your legs down and around and embrace your horse instead of squeezing and pinching him
- Maintain a "straight" and supple back
- Carry your shoulders evenly, openly, and freely
- Keep your hands independent from your body’s motion
- Keep your heels down
- Sit the trot smoothly and easily
- Maintain a secure two-point position
CorEquestrian™ incorporates exercises from many disciplines including but not limited to Equilates, Pilates, Yoga, Qi Gong, ArtForm®, and the work of Eric Franklin.
My biggest reward is not a championship ribbon but my owner working with Michelle Spinner at Kinected Studios in New York City. Michelle's equestrian experience has been extraordinarily helpful in keeping my "man" limber and relaxed while on my back and letting me do my job. His hands are quiet, his legs are still, and his secure and comfortable seat and strong and supple core make for creating a great team.
/ Cypress, horse partner to long-time-client Bruce G. /