Created by Michelle Spinner, the Vocalates™ method is a system of exercises designed to cultivate a healthy and expressive speaking and singing voice. Principles and exercises drawn from Pilates, yoga, qi gong, and the Alexander technique are employed to help support the breath, create open resonant sound, and integrate movement and vocal production with freedom and ease.
Benefits of Vocalates™
- Improved breath control and support
- Increased stamina of the voice
- Increased resilience of the voice
- Avoidance of vocal strain
- Ability to support increased vocal range
- Increased expressiveness in the voice
- Integration of the voice and the body
- Improved alignment
- Effective and efficient breathing
- Integrate voice and movement
- Increased confidence
- Inspire freedom of movement and expression
The Vocalates method was designed expressly for people who need to use their voices for a living--singers, actors, public speakers, teachers, corporate executives, sales people--anyone and everyone who wants a healthy, robust, supple, and expressive voice.